Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to stream music from my PC to my xbox 360 so I did what my xbox 360 told me to and went to http://www.xbox.com/en-US/pcsetup and followed the directions downloading zune. After I downloaded it the Zune media player acts like my computer has no connection with the classic "page cannot be displayed" and "your computer is not connected" messages. I've made sure that it was on windows firewall's exception list and it was. Also I added several other zune applications to the exception list. I'm positive I have a connection as I can use internet explorer. How might I fix this and what may be the problem?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, problem fixed, I had to uninstall zune and all media player related things in add-remove program. I also uninstalled windows media connect. I then installed Windows Media Player 11 which comes with a built in windows media connect.Then I had to download and install a driver for my multimedia audio controller to get the sound working again (possibly because I uninstalled a codec pack). I went to library (in Windows Media Player 11) and clicked media sharing and didn't see my Xbox 360 so I when to advanced settings and checked automaticaly allow new devices (or something similar) and went to my Xbox 360 and attempted to connect. I was so happy when It found my computer. I went back to my computer and my xbox 360 was on the list and allowed.

Also I followed these steps but I don't know if it is what made it work or not:
1. At a command prompt, run: "regsvr32 %windir%system32rsaenh.dll"
2. Reboot
3. Attempt to connect to Xbox 360

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.