Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
678 Posts
I am sorry I could'nt chat with you because it is saying "You have reached the maximum number of new posts allowed to be created in a 24 hour period."
Sorry
And I reinstalled zorin OS And A lot thanks for trying to help me..
Thank you..:giggle:
Nothing is as pristine as a new install.. 😀😀👍👍

· Registered
678 Posts
In future whenever the system gets stuck you can still press CTRL + ALT + F2 to go to terminal and run 'sync' command. That synchronises hdds and can save a lot of pain and frustration.

A better option is to activate SYSRQ on your linux machine. SYSRQ allows you to talk to the kernal directly and bypasses the OS which is anyways not responding. You can sync, umount disks, close apps, and reboot your system safely all from SYSYRQ. As the kernel is talking to the hardware directly it doesn't matter how heavily the system is hanged.

Search google for 'REISUB in Linux'. SYSRQ is mapped to 'PRINT SCRN' button on your keyboard. You could also see SYSRQ written on printscrn key.

It is also called raising the elephant on linux.. 😀

The first thing I do after installing any linux OS is to activate SYSRQ functionality.

I hope it helps. 👍👍

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Tha
In future whenever the system gets stuck you can still press CTRL + ALT + F2 to go to terminal and run 'sync' command. That synchronises hdds and can save a lot of pain and frustration.

A better option is to activate SYSRQ on your linux machine. SYSRQ allows you to talk to the kernal directly and bypasses the OS which is anyways not responding. You can sync, umount disks, close apps, and reboot your system safely all from SYSYRQ. As the kernel is talking to the hardware directly it doesn't matter how heavily the system is hanged.

Search google for 'REISUB in Linux'. SYSRQ is mapped to 'PRINT SCRN' button on your keyboard. You could also see SYSRQ written on printscrn key.

It is also called raising the elephant on linux.. 😀

The first thing I do after installing any linux OS is to activate SYSRQ functionality.

I hope it helps. 👍👍
Thank yoy
God Bless you..

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.