Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i wanted to know if there is a software that can zoom in to an image or an object that can show it pretty clear or some were near it.

if any one can help me then i well be very great full of you guys thank you. :)

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
The Windows Picture and Fax Viewer has a little plus and minus at the bottom of the picture to zoom. With Irfanview the picture is larger and you use the plus and minus keys on the numerical keyboard to zoom.

If you are talking about the stuff they have on TV or in the movies where they have a small blurred face on a surveillance shot and the tech pushes a button and gets a studio portrait of Brad Pitt – it doesn’t exist even at the CIA.

If you take a small digital photo and blow it up you eventually see the pixels. No amount of sharpening or alteration can produce detail that isn’t there. You can smooth it out somewhat with an image editor, but that won’t bring more detail. If an image is blurred there is software that will take out some of the blur.

But a small photo with limited detail is just that. Blowing it up just makes it look worse. You can resample to a higher resolution and it won’t pixellate as soon, but the detail still isn’t there and it still looks fuzzy.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i mean i toke a picture and it was abit blurred i was wounder if i could make it a liitle better?

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
There are devonvolution programs. Focus Magic is probably the most popular. Newer versions of Photoshop have a sharpening algorithm that includes deconvolution. You have to choose whether the blur is caused by camera motion or out of focus. You usually do better messing with the blur radius rather than letting the program determine it automatically.

This is a freeware that has deconvolution for blur: http://dailyfreeware.net/2007/10/14/image-analyzer-128-2/ I have no idea how good it is.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thank you for your help mate :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.