Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has been using Yahoo mail for more then 5 years, never had a problem with it, the account was used every day.
Early this month, from one day to the next she couldn't sign into Yahoo mail or messenger anymore. She had not changed her password recently or nothing. She assumed that nobody else knew her password either.
Of course she went through the obvious, empty cookies, check caps locked or not, try with different browsers, IE or Netscape, I tried to log in for her from my computer, no luck either way.
It gives the message 'Invalid password' at all times. She went through all the Yahoo Mail Help, but receives only automated messages back.
By now she believes that somebody hacked into her account and changed the password.
Does anybody know how to contact Yahoo regarding something like that, other then getting automated messages?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what you are saying is there is no way to contact Yahoo about a matter like that? I mean get a hold of a person to look into that?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sadly, this happens. I would attempt to answer the secret questions and fill out the required info like birthday and zip code. She'll have to set up another email account for Yahoo! to contact her thru. There is a contact email addy for the Yahoo when passwords are lost. but you have to go through some attempts and then find a link for more help. Only thing to do, is to make a list of ppl who might be interested in reading her email - and then pleading with them to get her email account back. i'd send them each an email asking them just to reset her password back to its original pass or include an option in the email. and finally, you just have to let go. in setting up a new email account, make the password harder to guess, with numbers and letters and make your secret question harder or alter details like your zip code...just remember what you alter them to

·
Registered
27 Posts
And maybe someday, a year down the road - she can regain the email address. Every so often hotmail and yahoo sort through their free email addresses and remove those not in use - she can re activate the account if the hacker does not use the account

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.