Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a Yahoo sbcglobal.net account for many years. Now I'm locked out and getting an ATT Care Code 205.4 message, which means they do not recognize my email address and/or password. After many hours of frustration, I have found that if I change my password, and answer the two security questions correctly, I gain access to my messages, But, at the next log in I get the same 205.4 message. Once again changing password, answering security message, I get access. Not a lot of fun changing security codes at every log in. Any one else have the problem? There are folks on the web with the problem on the ATT community board, but no useful respones. Thanks.

·
Trusted Advisor
17,571 Posts
What program are you using to access the email?

Can you still get and send new emails?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What program are you using to access the email?

Can you still get and send new emails?
I use Thunderbird for access normally, but, as of yesterday, it cannot access my Yahoo account because the password is denied by Yahoo. Once I create a new password on Yahoo, and answer the security questions, and gain access to my mail, as I mentioned yesterday, I can get and send. But, again as I mentioned in my query, I cannot log on once logged out without changing passwords again. Terribly frustrating.

·
Trusted Advisor
17,571 Posts
Then I would say that you need to contact ATT support.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then I would say that you need to contact ATT support.
I had already tried all the AT&T help lines currently given on the Yahoo web page, but they told me their help is limited to only those who use AT&T as their ISP. I do not. However, in my old dusty papers I found a number which eventually takes you to a real person (1-877-267-2859). They told me what I experienced was a system wide problem and to be patient. Today, the password system seems to once again be working. Folks with future related problems might try that number.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.