Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
You can't if you are only using the web based email. You can back up .PST files in Outlook or save a floders.dbx file if you are using them as mail clients for Yahoo.

·
Registered
404 Posts
dear niteman
all web mail messages are saved on yahoo's email servers. theses are accessible from any computer, in other words if you reinstall you will still be able to get those messages becaus they are not save on you machine.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
They are correct that all your emails are sitting on the net (Yahoo! servers).
However, if you want to save the text of an email, you can do that.

1) Open the email.
2) In the lower right side of the page, click Save Message Text
3) Click Save
4) Browse to where you want to save it - give it a name that you want and click OK.

sekirt

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I guess that depends on your idea of what "saving" means. They won't look like they do on Yahoo.

You can save the text. Then download the attachment and save it. They will be 2 separate files on your hard drive or CD. If I get the drift of your entire thread, the answer is no. Not from Yahoo! Not from probably any web based email.

If you have the skill and the emails you want to save are made up of text and pictures, you could create a HTML file, copying the text and inserting the pictures and storing it on your hard drive/CD in one file together. Or if you have Word, you could do something similar. There is no easy way - as I feel that is what you are asking.

You can read up on getting/using a POP3 account with Outlook or Outlook Express. Or other email client. Run a search using Google. Here is a suggestion for how to word it: pop3 tutorial "windows XP"

If you are still worried about reinstalling XP, rest assured that will not affect your emails sitting over at Yahoo! The worst case, is that Yahoo! will lose them somehow.

sekirt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to you and all the others for helping me understand. i am really grateful.

No, I don't have the skills to do any of the steps you suggest so I guess I will have to do without backing them up. Again, thanks...!!! :) :) ;)

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Since another poster asked a question about Yahoo! there is this possible solution for you as well. However, you will have to use some email client:

YPOPs! is an application that provides POP3 access to Yahoo! Mail.

http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/index.php

According to the site, it works with all these email clients:

IncrediMail Xe
Calypso 3.x
Outlook 2003
Mozilla Mail
Outlook Express
Outlook XP
Forte Agent News/Mail Reader v1.93
Outlook 2000
Pegasus Mail 3.12c
Eudora 5.x
Lotus Notes R6
Netscape Mail 4.x
Outlook Express 6
Opera M2

Then if you format and reinstall XP, you will have to backup your emails to a CD or otherwise.

sekirt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.