Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently was forced to replace my copy of OE 5.5, which I did via download from Microsoft. I use OE with Win98SE, and have been generally happy with it, and (so far) reluctant to upgrade to v. 6. However, I notice that my new copy of v. 5.5 lacks a very handy feature of my former copy. That is, whenever my old OE checked for messages, it reported the number of messages received, be it zero or whatever. If it was zero, I could then immediately turn my attention elsewhere, without having to wait to see what actually downloads.

My current copy of OE 5.5 offers no such report. I can only surmise that Microsoft removed this feature sometime before I downloaded my new copy.

Am I correct that currently distributed copies of OE 5.5 lack this feature--or is my copy flawed? Is there a workaround? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm using OE 5.5 also and my shows the new message count in the status bar at the bottom of the OE window. If I have no new messages is show no messages. Make sure you status bar is displayed. Go to View and make sure status bar is selected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.