Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently "tidied up" my computer, updating various softwares, scanning etc. I also ran the Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmentation programmes. However after doing both of these 3 of the 4 user accounts on my computer no longer seem to be working. Mine (the one from which I ran the cleanup etc) is fine but the other 3 don't seem to recognise that they are there. Through the Control Panel it still says there enabled but when trying to logon under them some pop-up comes up and although it does eventually logon on it seems to have reverted to the setting for a new user account (or guest), not remembering anything about the accounts. Dont think the defrag caused this (all accounts worked normally before I did these two things)...but perhaps I "cleaned up" something I shouldn't have! Is there anyway I can find out what's going on / restore it? Of course I could probably delete/recreate the accounts but would have thought id lose all bookmarks etc and importantly 3 itunes libraries! Any help is much appreciated. Hope i've explained this adequately enough.

·
Deceased Moderator Gone but never forgotten
82,272 Posts
Assuming C is your hard drive, what folders with User Account names are in C:\Documents and Settings? Are the desired files in those folders somewhere?

If not, you'll probably have to restore from your latest backup copies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.