Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Windows XP Pro in my small 3 computer peer to peer network. One computer holds most of the actual programs while the other 2 computers use the programs.

Is SP2 a safe upgrade for an XP Pro system? Is it advisable?

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
If you are online with these computers then MS will make you do it eventually so might as well do it now. Make sure you clean the computers of junk as best as you can before updating. Do it slowly, one at a time, and create a restore point just in case.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I'd install it for sure, just assume that something's going to happen and be safe with your data (in other words, back it up). I've installed it on a number of machines and I have yet to have any problems with it.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I would very strongly suggest upgrading to XPSP2. There are a ton of essential bug fixes. Half the viruses people get hit with wouldn't be an issue if they kept their system up to date.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I will back-up data and upgrade them. I use XP Home at home and have had no problems with SP2 but was not sure if SP2 also applied to, and was OK for. XP Pro.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.