Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new laptop with XP and it is pure crap. Misredirected websites, http errors constantly, unable to locate webpages. It sucks and I hope people seriously give some thought to what they are purchasing before they buy this junk.

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
Did you have a choice of OS when you bought the laptop? I wouldn't by an OS from M$ until at least their first service pack or major update comes out or you are basically still using a Beta operating system being their guinea pig.....NO THANK YOU....my time is too valuable.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hmmm, very strange.

I have XP on my laptop and I never experience the problems nancyfromboston describes.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I agree Ryan, I have been running XP for a bit now and find it to be quite stable.

It definitely must be some sort of ISP problem. I would recommend trying a new ISP - even Juno or whatever just to see if it helps....

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Well Monk,

In my case, I am the guinea pig for the organzation :D

And we are planning a limited roll out of XP for children's gaming computers (I administor a library). After our testing, we found that this works better than any other Microsoft OS for both compatability and security. This was a fun testing period, I got to play games like Winnie the Pooh Baby and Madeline.

Of course, I also have my trusty 2000 box, that I can use for administering the network should the XP box go down.

At home, I am still running 98 on my wifes box and 2000 pro for myself.

G

·
I know that many ppl like to slam MS, myself included, for problems crated by unstable OS's. But in this case I have to agree that it is not the OS. Here is the perfect oportunity to slam the computer manuf. for setting up the machine inproperly. It may work fine in there controlled enviornment but when other factors are applied things go wrong. I build my own machines like many of us here so I have no one to blame but myself when things go wrong unless it really is the OS. If you don't have the time or can't build your own for whatever reason I strongly suggest anyone at least format c: and install the OS yourself, along with anyother preloaded apps, in you own enviornment. If you don't know how to do that take a day and figure it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.