Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded today to a 4400+ x2, an ASUS M3A with 2x 1gig corsair DDR2 667 and an inno3d 7600GS 256mb.

First time I put in the driver CD I got all 4 drivers installed, but then when windows was loading, I got to the splash screen with the loading bar, the 3 little boxes went as if the PC was getting 0.05fps.

It would start with the width of the box but only 2 pixels high, then slowly bit by bit the box would draw from the top down.

So I left XP loading and 20 minutes later it was still going.

I reinstalled windows a few more times but every time I try to install some drivers, the PC slows up seriously bad in windows, and the same thing happens if I reboot as the first time.

I managed to install the chipset driver, but then the ethernet driver seems to kill it 100% of the time, along with the video card driver I tried.

I've updated my bios to the latest (601 I think?) but that had no effect.

I'm at my wits end, been trying to get the pc working for about 10 hours now and reinstalled windows about 8 times now. So close to just throwing it out the window then driving over it >_<

Running XP pro SP2 build 2600 btw.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? I can't believe there are 600+ people viewing and noone has a clue :(

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
have you tried going to the Asus website for newer drivers? Which M3A? I just built a systeem with the
ASUS M3A78-EMH HDMI and the driver installation went well. After some updates from Microsoft I lost my ethernet. I updated the bios and downloaded the latest ethernet drive uninstalling the old one and got the ethernet back. Hope this helps. PS. Maybe it would be worth your while to buy a $20.00 ethernet card and disable the onboard ethernet until you can get an updated driver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.