Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on it today and all was good. BUt then I got a black screen and I rebootefd. It didnt boot up. I had this problem b4 where I pressed the on butoon but got no boot up or beep. I just unpluged the pwer supply for a bit and it works. Well i tried that for about an hour today and i got a NO GO. Now when I boot up or should I say TRY TO I get either no beep with HD reading (the sound) or a beep and thats it.

I tried this on/off button unplug it for 5 min. and one time I got a beep and actual bios read, but it stopped when I got the energy saving screen with bunch of stuff under it saying boot up inflo

srry if I am confusing but I need a fix

·
Registered
437 Posts
You might try a different PSU, and see if that is the cause of the problem. If you don't have a spare psu, try unplugging all the cd-rom drives you have and then restarting the comp.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ight
I tried no cd roims and NO GO

I left em unplugged and then took out all other stuff besides my vid card and NO GO

I took tht out and i got a long beep with 2 short beeps. ??

I also read tht it coiuld be my cmos jumper...but i cant find it i dont have a manual cuse my bro built this and he dosnt have it anymore...where could it be? what size is it, what it look like?

·
Registered
437 Posts
the psu stands for Power Supply Unit. That is what gives power to your entire computer. It's located at the top of the back of the computer.

as for the cmos jumper, get online and search for your motherboard model online and you should be able to find some help on it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you have another computer, I would swap hard drives. Test your current hard drive on the other machine to see if it's not junk, and test the other machine's hard drive on your machine to see if your hardware is working. This might sound like a lot of trouble, but it can tell you a lot.

·
Registered
437 Posts
that's what I thought. Glad we could help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.