Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was told to purchase s-video and that would allow me to transfer my grandson's 2nd b-day party movie to my laptop to burn to dvd using Windows Movie Maker. Laptop nor Movie Maker recognize the "video capturing device". video camera=JVC GR-SXM37 and laptop= Toshiba Satellite A105-S4114 and Movie Maker= v 5.1. OS=XP. I don't want to have to use the VHS adapter and go thru TV to burn to DVD. Please help this ol' grandma figure this out. Thx

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I have a strong suspicion that your laptop's S-video socket is an output only. i.e. to move image of your lapto out, like onto a TV).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a way to transfer from movie camera to the laptop? Camera has s-video and rca type jacks (white & red) and the laptop has s-video, and usb and some other jack I don't recognize the size/shape of next to the s-video on the laptop.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
You mention a capturing device not being recognized. What type is that. Is it an external "little box" where camera goes in and cables can be inserted that go out to PC?

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
try this link. They have adaptor boxes where you camera's S-Video can be connected and the boxes go to the laptop via USB. Software comes with it.
http://www.pinnaclesys.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.