Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister has a stupid mp3 player with pre-loaded songs on it, the user guide says nothing about it being write protected and I've followed everything its said and it pops up and says: this disk is write protected please remove the write protection or use another disk
how do you remove write protection?

·
Super Moderator
74,177 Posts
Hi technologysux, and welcome to TSG.

Does the player have any kind system menu option setting to lock or protect the player from external changes? Are you only having a problem deleting the pre-loaded songs or are you also having a problem adding new song files to the player?

It might help us out to help you if we knew the manufacturer and model number of the player.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm trying to add and delete songs, its from Bath and Body works(i didn't know they had electronics like mp3's) but all i needed to know was how to get rid of the write protection but i found out the problem so its ok now

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the upper right of the screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact one and was to my witts in, at the same time my dad was looking into to see whta I was missing, I came across this sight. to answer the question on the top switch there is a lock & unlock icons(very tiny!) hope it helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.