Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a problem getting a SanDisk SD 64 meg card back in action after deleting a bunch of files on it. I use it only for image work, and read it in a SanDiak 6 in 1 reader, which works fine with other cards - in the same slot. My system tells me it is write protected, and I cannot even re-format it.

I spent severl hours searching through two XP books and on the machine trying to get anything on write protection, and how to cancel it. I have no idea how it happened, as all I did was delete image files (jpg's).

Any help will be appreciated, as I really want to put this disk back in action, not that I have a new digital camera. How to I return this disk to writable status?

jvwert

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, much, kiwiguy. Strangely, I had been aware of that switch several months ago, but completely forgot it. Somehow it got switched to the protected position, which I just corrected, and wrote to the card. Stupid of me - yes?. Comes with old age, as I am 82, but still trying. Thanks, again. This time I will remember it - that's for sure.

jvwert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.