Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an amazing time...

So far, the turn out for Democrates/Obama is very high in the Dallas area. While Texas has gone to RED for these past elections - NOT because every Texan is a republican, but that there is so many more or religious voters that its almost impossible to when the vote.

Today, I did my FIRST every Primary vote in my entire life... didn't know much about it, nor cared. But always voted for the big ones.

In our neck of the woods, very PRO republican/religious - there were two areas in the school gym. The Democrates had 2 voting booths, the Republican had 4... worse, while there was a line of about 15 people in front of me, and by the time I voted, about 16~20 behind me. There was never more than 2-3 Republicans signing in and voting. I noticed this and asked one of the volunteers about that - they said it's been like that ALL DAY.

As of this time: about 140,000 votes form Democrates have come in, vs 22,000 for Republicans.

It's still going to be tight for Texas - but it'll be cool if Texas goes for Obama.

·
Registered
124,707 Posts
What an amazing time...

So far, the turn out for Democrates/Obama is very high in the Dallas area. While Texas has gone to RED for these past elections - NOT because every Texan is a republican, but that there is so many more or religious voters that its almost impossible to when the vote.

Today, I did my FIRST every Primary vote in my entire life... didn't know much about it, nor cared. But always voted for the big ones.

In our neck of the woods, very PRO republican/religious - there were two areas in the school gym. The Democrates had 2 voting booths, the Republican had 4... worse, while there was a line of about 15 people in front of me, and by the time I voted, about 16~20 behind me. There was never more than 2-3 Republicans signing in and voting. I noticed this and asked one of the volunteers about that - they said it's been like that ALL DAY.

As of this time: about 140,000 votes form Democrates have come in, vs 22,000 for Republicans.

It's still going to be tight for Texas - but it'll be cool if Texas goes for Obama.
It's great the people are voting, regardless of their party!:):up:

·
Moderator (deceased) Gone but never forgotten
47,973 Posts
What an amazing time...

:up::D

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

But anything could happen ;) Only 80% of the vote for Ohio have come in! If Cleveland can get another 150,000 votes for Obama....

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

But anything could happen ;) Only 80% of the vote for Ohio have come in! If Cleveland can get another 150,000 votes for Obama....
Not happening. Be glad people are finally voting in something so insignifcant as a primary. I'm not a democrat and they are killing the republicans voting wise, but I'm very glad to see people at least taking the time to do their civic duty, even if it isn't my party. The more voters are coming out in the Democratic party, I see Republicans saying "what can I do to help?" Wow. If this election got everyone thinking again, even if Republicans lose, I'd be happy. To me, it would mean people are not being complacent and just accepting whatever, they're out there saying "you should."

·
Moderator (deceased) Gone but never forgotten
47,973 Posts
Not happening. Be glad people are finally voting in something so insignifcant as a primary. I'm not a democrat and they are killing the republicans voting wise, but I'm very glad to see people at least taking the time to do their civic duty, even if it isn't my party. The more voters are coming out in the Democratic party, I see Republicans saying "what can I do to help?" Wow. If this election got everyone thinking again, even if Republicans lose, I'd be happy. To me, it would mean people are not being complacent and just accepting whatever, they're out there saying "you should."
I agree both parties need a wake-up call!

·
Registered
51,023 Posts
Thats because the Republican race was over a month ago--what's the point of voting in the Republican primaries at this point? :confused: If the Republican race was close and the Democrats was over, it would be the exact opposite--no mystery there.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Thats because the Republican race was over a month ago--what's the point of voting in the Republican primaries at this point? :confused: If the Republican race was close and the Democrats was over, it would be the exact opposite--no mystery there.
And ....

Women/minorities should take a particular interest in voting, but they don't. I don't care if the nomination is locked up. They have a responsibility to vote their conscience whether it means something or not. If you took it away, oh please, they would be screaming bloody murder. I'm beginning to think that they should make it a law if you don't vote in the primary, you are not allowed to vote in the general. If you're not a new voter (i.e, just turned 18) and you skip the general election, you shouldn't be allowed to vote in the next general election.

Hmmmmm.... would the ACLU be screaming then. Would voters be saying, what, huh, I can't vote, OMG how dare you - but, what, you expect me to actually spend an hour of my day to vote - how dare you.

Not buying that BS. I'm so sick of voter apathy I could go on a rampage. I have done voter registration over several years, and the most recent had me ready to tie women to the nearest stake, literally. In two hours I had five (5) women tell me they don't vote, their husbands vote for them. I live in Las Vegas, land of the sinners ad naseum. By the 3rd woman, I was ready to vomit, the 5th one, I wanted to tar and feather and send back to 1890 where she had no rights whatsoever. I'm not even going to go to the black/hispanic/asian voters. These were "white bread women" that I spoke to that said nope, I don't vote. I can't even begin to tell you how many minorities opt out (no, I did not ask if they were citizens).

It's very frustrating from a grassroots point of view. Obviously, I want people to vote Republican, but in all seriousness, I want people to look at the issues and vote their conscience. After educating themselves on the issues. I want to say if you're a "blind" voter, stay home - but I want people to vote because they're not blind and they know why they're voting.

Idealistic. Yes. I admit it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts