Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought WOW. When I am playing the computer randomly restarts or bluescreens with no error message on it. Then after I manually restart it creates a Log file. It always happens when i am fighting some a monster, not during aeral mount or anything.
I recently bought a radeon 9700pro 128MB to be able to run wow. Then I got a new powersupply to help it out.

Im running :

winxp service pack 2
radeon 9700Pro
Asus motherboard
512 DDR
1.3 Athlon

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
If it's always when fighting a monster, it might be a graphics issue; do you have the most recent drivers for the video card? Also, when you installed the new card, did you uninstall the old drivers?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed the catylist drivers this morning, and it did uninstall the old ones. i thought i was good to go, but after about 20 minutes .... Bluescreened. Hence i am going online for help.

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Hmm. I haven't looked at a WoW Error Log file before; does it say anything that might be useful?

Also, how about your motherboard and sound card drivers?

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Have you turned off video settings such as Anti-aliasing?

One way to troubleshoot a graphics issue is to turn the graphics down to their bare minimum, and then start cranking it up until you start losing stability.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
actually i dropped hardware accelerations and ran the open GL and other settings to performace and experianced more crashes then in normal modes. I turened off anti-aliasing in bios, I also lowered quality in video settings in game. I see no choppyness or problems, just out of the blue, bluescreen.... Ironic .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.