Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
32,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm watched a woman in her 40s undergoing extreme plastic surgery as she looked about 60 ..... This applies to the fellas would you or have you considered PS to change your looks

Personallly i will just go out and buy a balaclava when the time comes :D

·
Registered
18,286 Posts
Blackmirror said:
Hmmm watched a woman in her 40s undergoing extreme plastic surgery as she looked about 60 ..... This applies to the fellas would you or have you considered PS to change your looks

Personallly i will just go out and buy a balaclava when the time comes :D
maybe if i was extremely disfigured in an accident or something (assuming that it would be elective, rather than necessary)

but for myself, i feel the entire concept feeds a pretty shallow part of being....

·
Banned
44,930 Posts
Hi Val, iltos :)

for myself, I rather doubt I'd do anything unless it was an issue of disfigurement.

One point, though. And that's the entertainment industry. Let's face it, the public tends to 'buy' into appearances. Often an actor or actress has surgery to continue selling an 'Image'. I don't begrudge a person in that situation, maintaining a sellable asset, their appearance. Please, I'm not talking about the enhancement of sexual appearance, just the nip and tucks that cover up the aging process.

·
Registered
18,286 Posts
Stoner said:
Hi Val, iltos :)

for myself, I rather doubt I'd do anything unless it was an issue of disfigurement.

One point, though. And that's the entertainment industry. Let's face it, the public tends to 'buy' into appearances. Often an actor or actress has surgery to continue selling an 'Image'. I don't begrudge a person in that situation, maintaining a sellable asset, their appearance. Please, I'm not talking about the enhancement of sexual appearance, just the nip and tucks that cover up the aging process.
hi'ya jack and valley....the best of this wonderful time-o-year :)
the movie industry is a reasonable exception....a part of the job description, it would seem...;)
i don't hold it against anybody if that's the course they choose, believing that, for the most part, we are all doing the best we can.....it's just not for me, is all

·
Registered
27,087 Posts
I guess that depends on what you consider "plastic surgery"?

If dental work that's purely cosmetic is included, then yes, at some point I plan to have my teeth fixed. The front two are different lengths for some reason, and I don't recall ever chipping one of them :confused:

·
Registered
14,017 Posts
I had my nose broken when I was a young fellow. I have often "considered" having it fixed but since I am 47 and still have that crooked nose I doubt I am going to do it.

One of the reasons I considered having it fixed is because one nostril just doesn't breath as well as the other. It will most likely never happen. ;)

·
Registered
18,286 Posts
Skivvywaver said:
I had my nose broken when I was a young fellow. I have often "considered" having it fixed but since I am 47 and still have that crooked nose I doubt I am going to do it.

One of the reasons I considered having it fixed is because one nostril just doesn't breath as well as the other. It will most likely never happen. ;)
we must have similar noses :eek:
i snore like an sob, and that's one of the reasons...

but i figure it just part of what makes me such a wonderful human being :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,353 Posts
Yes, I would consider touches here and there. I'm in my 50's and see no part of me in the present that I would want altered. I've grown accustomed to what I feel imperfect in my appearance, so the altering would be so slight.

Also my idea of looks at this point has to do with healthfulness in appearance. I still (and have always when healthy) look as awake when I rise in the morning as if I have been awake for hours. When I am ill (like during the time my thyroid was declining, and I didn't know what was up) I looked sleepy and worn out when I woke up, for hours......I just thought my age was catching up to me.

When I got the thyroid hormone in my body, that resilience came back. And my hair, eyes, and skin got back their youthful quality:) It was like a total face and hairlift.

Now my weight is getting down to where I like it, and my body tone is coming back...I feel better than I did in my 30's:) , so I am enjoying the glow that health brings me, and not consumed with the little lines under my eyes, or the look of maturity here and there, or the gray...that I love...the gray that is:p :p :p

Maybe when I'm sixty....I might get some tucks or something....just to look like how I already feel....vibrant and alive:)

·
Always remembered in our hearts
82,160 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to fix a few things if I had the money! ;)

·
Registered
18,286 Posts
angelize56 said:
I wouldn't hesitate to fix a few things if I had the money! ;)
the opinions seem to be splitting along gender lines.....which brings up a speculation that has made the rounds here and elsewhere...(to paraphrase, and probably badly....no offense intended) a woman's perception of herself in the world is from the outside, looking in....a guy's from the inside, looking out.

it's a broad general statement, i know, and a part of me probably would argue that our culture, especially, is actively seeking to change the way men view themselves....

but i thought i'd throw it into the talk here :D

·
82,160 Posts
iltos: In my opinion men age more gracefully than women! :D

Merry Christmas iltos!!! :)

·
Registered
17,353 Posts
Hey that's OK with me...that is the stew that I live in:p :p ....I can both mix in very well, and stand out and apart from:p :p

But seriously...every decade or so, I evaluate my total look, and put off altering it another ten years..:)

·
Registered
18,286 Posts
angelize56 said:
iltos: In my opinion men age more gracefully than women! :D

Merry Christmas iltos!!! :)
hehehe
ever wonder why there's no pic of me to be found anywhere?

and to you, too, angel :)

·
Registered
32,916 Posts
iltos said:
hehehe

and to you, too, angel :)
You mean that isnt your picture??? :eek: ............ arent there rules about that??? :D

·
82,160 Posts
iltos said:
hehehe
Well post it and let me and Sis decide for you if you should post it! ;) :D :D

·
Banned
9,696 Posts
anything that i would change would be naturally done....it is all about who you are on the inside that matters most...some of the most wonderful people that i have met in my life were not Barbie or Ken Dolls...our hearts are the things that need surgery not our outward appearance....but that's just my opinion...

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.