Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am not sure if I am posting this in the right forums but here it is.

I recently purchased a EasyCAP DC60 capture card to record some of my video gameplay on. I know it isn't a amazing capture card or anything, I just wanted something I could record a little on and screw around with before I purchased something much better.

Here is my question, the software it came with actually does a pretty good job recording it except for the fact that right now the settings I have it set to (default) makes it so I am getting about a minute recorded per GB used if I remember right. I recorded a three minute clip and it took up i think 3 GB. That ratio is not very good for my laptop, since I only have 160 GB free on my hard-drive. I would change the quality I am recording it in but the other formats it supports makes the picture really blurry and blocky (I am recording in AVI). I would only every be able to record 160 minutes of gameplay and that would not be good for the long six hour gaming session I like to do. So I was wondering if I purchased lets say a 1 TB external hard-drive would there be a way for me to transfer the the software I use to record with directly to the hard-drive and make it so that the videos don't take up space on my hard-drive but instead go directly to the external hard-drive.

Basically could I run the program I use to record and store all the data using only the External Hard-Drive and not have it take up any space on my laptop. I don't know if it is possible, I am hoping someone here with more knowledge than me can help.

Right now here is the quality I have after converting it to .wmv so I could upload it to Youtube:

It isn't amazing but it could be worse.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Is there an option the software to choose output destination (I'd be suprised if there isn't). Just set the output destination to the other hard drive.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried to change the destination but it doesn't allow me to change it. I can see the folder it is sent to, but I cannot edit the location it is going to. I don't think, I have tried but let me try it again, it will take a while, my computer laptop takes a few minutes to open the program.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It gives me the option to make a new folder for the destination, I am afraid to change it because I am lucky I got the program to work, do you think I could create a folder on the external Hard-Drive? and that would work? Maybe?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, sorry noob mistake I just had to create the new folder on the External device. -_-

I tested it with my USB Flash-Drive and it works, see I knew someone here could help:)

Mods you can close this if you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.