Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running Windows ME. Since last Thursday everytime I get on the web I keep getting flipped to "working offline". I have talked to my DSL provider and they can "see" me timing out, and there seems to be packet loss, but they can't tell me how to fix it. It will at some points flip back and forth between offline and online and much as 10 times a minute. Other times it'll be longer in between. I have unplugged the Fujitsu modem and replugged that in and double checked my antivirus even ran my disk defragger. My computer is the main computer connected to 3 others thru Homelink. Right now no other computer is plugged into the phoneline or turned on and this is still occurring. Is there someway to check if the homelink card or ethernet card in my computer are faulty? Is there some setting in Internet Explorer 6 that I've messed up? This working offline problem also will happen when I'm getting my email with Outlook and Outlook Express. My DSL provider thinks it's my computer and wants to charge me to come out and hook up their laptop to see if it does it then. It's not predictable in when it's going to do it so I'm a little reluctant to do that until I've exhausted all other ideas.

Thanks for any input.
Ame

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.