Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the deal...we want to split up our two domains into smaller groups...I mean, have certain people in a groupA and certain people in groupB, while both groupA and groupB are in the same domain...I know this is possible in win98 and was wondering if anyone had any ideas here...

ps we have a mix of 98 and 2000 clients...the 2000 ones are the ones im inquiring about... let me know if i need to be more clear..

thx

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
basically just to better organize employees into their proper divisions, so when the boss looks at network neighborhood, hes happy as well...i have figured out that when i put a pc in a "workgroup" and set up our wins and gateway settings, it will get an IP address...and withing about 15 min everything populates network neighborhood...so actually this prob is pretty much solved....ill let you know if anything else comes up

·
Registered
116 Posts
You may be better of just renaming the PCs according to the area/department that they are located in.

This will alow you keep the advantages of having a single domain. When the network neighborhood is explored the computers will be displayed alphabetical and will be grouped by department if an appropriate naming scheme is used.

Cheers

Craig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.