Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a document I am currently working on, it is about 7 pages long and everything was ok.

However I saved the work last night and on opening the document today I cannot scroll below the third page, instead I get an error where by there is massive clipping (image attached). I have saved as various documents (did not work), activated the macros and activx (did not work - although I don't think there are any in the document).

When I look at the document on Google documents or open office it does work however all of the content is completely unformatted - due to the document containing a lot of lines, text boxes and images - and thus unusable.

It also does not work as a 97-2003 format, nor does it work if opened on another computer.

I have also tried redoing the document and I was saving it as I went along (and everything was fine), but the final save produced the same problems as before.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
4,042 Posts
Is it possible for you to post the actual document? If it's confidential information, please use dummy text. Speaking of which, what happens if you use dummy text to shorten up page 3? Can you scroll past it then?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have also tried redoing the document and I was saving it as I went along (and everything was fine), but the final save produced the same problems as before.
That, by all appearances, seems to point to something in the final part of your document, doesn't it? What is in there that is most likely to be screwing things up? Objects - Photos - Shapes

Can you create a document with just the last part and not the first and have it work?:confused:

Can you take the document and start deleting the first pages down to that point and then see what is below?

Will a CTRL END take you to the bottom of the doc ?

Does a PROPERTIES on the .doc show it to be huge in size ?

- Castleheart

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.