Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I had MS Small Bus Edition 2000 installed on this computer, and I've since updated to Office 2000 Premium. I've seemed to run into a snag when inserting clip art into a Word document though. It tells me to insert the SBE#2 disc, but I'm not using SBE anymore. PLUS, no matter what I do, browse a new location, etc, I can't seem to figure out what and where it wants me to look in order to find this piece of Clip Art. I'm trying to make a document for work, and I don't use clip art very often, but this is quickly becoming a confusing and MAJOR pain. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Jason

·
Registered
11,836 Posts
When you uninstalled SBE, you should have used Eraser 2000.

My suggestion: Just go download clipart (online clips--they have a gi-mongous selection).

My fix: Uninstall Pro, run Eraser 2000, go into the registry and get rid of anything that indicates SBE (do you know how?), and reinstall Pro.

When office is installed, it does not restore the registry entries that exist; when it is uninstalled, it does not "clean" the registry.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dreamboat,

Well, problem #1 is that I didn't uninstally SBE! I installed Office over it, figuring Office Prem would take over. SO, with that in mind, do I uninstall ALL of it and start over?

I see you can DL and use Eraser 2000 for a trial period. Hopefully, it'll work.

No, I have no idea how to edit my registry.

HOWEVER, I could just download clip art from the web, as little as I use it.

Thanks!

Jason

·
Registered
11,836 Posts
You will run into other problems (no doubt) if you don't install properly.

Yes-uninstall both completely, user Eraser 2000 (there's no trial period I've ever heard of--you can download it at http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q219/4/23.ASP? Make sure you understand all the instructions and have all the files you need before you start.

I assume you bought Office Pro --- not an UPGRADE. If it were an upgrade, you would leave SBE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.