Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Word 2007 mysterious extra pages

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  jenn_m_a 
#1 ·
Hi all. I'm pretty advanced with most Word features in Word 2003 and earlier, but have just started using Word 2007 at work. I'm trying to format a large document in book format with mirror margins and page numbers left or right depending on which side of the book they're on. Word 2007 forces you to use different odd/even page headers/footers to accomplish this as far as I can see. There are several sections, table of contents, references using bookmarks and and index.

Problem is that I have a mysterious extra page appearing between the first page (which is a section on its own) and the second page, which is where the numbering starts. All section breaks are just "next page", not "start on odd/even page". I always work showing formatting marks, so I know I haven't got errant extra lines causing an additional page.

This is also happening between some sections later in the document, some of which alternate between single and 2-column formats. All in all, I have about 5-6 extra pages.

Anyone got any ideas? I suspect it's something to do with the odd/even header/footer thing, but what can I do about this? No one I've spoken to at work has a clue what's happening either. This is driving me crazy. [Imagine an icon with steam blowing out of its ears just here]

Thanks
Jenn

See less See more
#5 ·
I did check all the headers and footers, but they all seem ok. I have a few objects in front of and behind various bits of text. One thing I have considered is that one of these objects jumped off a page into hyperspace and is inhabiting one of these invisible pages, but nothing prints out on them so I don't know. Hmm.

#6 ·
If it is non-sensitive information, then can you zip and post the file? If it is sensitive please just post your first 2~3 pages so I can eyeball it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.