Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MS Word document with embedded Excel objects. If I open the embedded object, any cells with > 256 characters are truncated. Rumor has it that there is a registry entry that can be edited to account for this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This isn't exactly the issue. I'm using Word 2000 and w/Excel 97 embedded object (it is a presentation generated from a vendor proprietary product with the final output being a Word document with a bunch of embedded objects.) For example, I have one page with an embedded Excel chart on the left side and a list of bullets on the other side. The bullets are generated in an Excel object. Some of the bullets greater than 256 characters in a cell. The cells are what is being truncated.

·
Registered
11,755 Posts
Got your file.

I don't know who thought this was any kind if a good idea. Unfortunately, when you edit/open the Excel object, the text is truncated there. It looks to me like there's nothing you're going to do about it without the original Excel information.

The Excel file format is bad--isn't the way Excel intends to be used. Excel isn't intended for use with great amounts of text like this, much less having blank lines between the "paragraphs".

At this point, I'd like to ask, are you responsible for figuring out how to make this work right? Or are you just trying to deal with what you've received?

If the former, I've got more questions about the process; if the latter, I say--sorry, you're stuck with it.

Lemme know, k?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.