Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with start up: every 5/6 re-boots win doesn't start, probably due to the failure to delete wnbootng.sts file in win folder as in MS Q143283. I just reset then when it starts to prompt for SAFE mode, I arrow up to NORMAL the ENTER. This solves it until next time. NB! When once it booted up in safe mode I looked for wnboot file but it appears to have been deleted?. Any ideas on how I can remedy this?

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
To determine whether the winbootng.sts file is involved, the next time it happens, choose the "command prompt" option. At the prompt enter:

dir winbootng.sts /s

If it is found, then you know it wasn't deleted. If it is not found, something else is causing the problem.

ctrl-alt-del will reboot you from DOS

Hard to troubleshoot problems which don't happen regularly, but you can try reducing the number of things loading. If you uncheck items in the "startup group", you should leave scanregistry (needed to create registry backups) enabled for routine purposes.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q188/8/67.asp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.