Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new to the site and I don't know too much about networking and what not, but I have had this Adapter (WMP54G) and my WRT54G v6 working flawlessly for the past 2 months. Then all of a sudden today when I get on my computer... nothing.

Earlier I ran through all the technical support at LinkSys. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers. Half the time I get the "connected to access point but internet cannot be found" message with my connection, the other half it shows I am connected, but I can't connect to IE, Outlook, WoW, etc. And when it did connect it gave me about 20 seconds of internet time lol. Wasn't quite sure what to do and a little confused as to how it could just decide today not to work anymore.

NOW i seem to have gotten this working (in a way.)

I Uninstalled the drivers, Inserted the Install CD and rebooted the computer. When the default new hardware wizard popped up I selected not at this time for connecting to the net and did auto install. however I've noticed the reason why I was being disconnected in the first place.

I use Outlook express, I also use something called SysMetrix for my desktop which has a Email feature for it to check for new mail every 5 minutes. It seems that everytime it ran itself, or even when I run outlook on my own, it disconnects me from my connection requiring a restart to get it connected again.

What could be causing this? I've never had a problem with any of this until this morning. I am almost ready to just move everything important to another hard drive, reformat this one and start fresh to see what happens. It's very frustrating. lol. Any suggestions? Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.