Tech Support Guy banner

WMP partially locks up mouse and keyboard!

803 Views 0 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  speedtouch
Hello, I'm having a problem with windows media player. When I start it up to play a song or anything, it will not let me left or right click (although I can still move my mouse), and a lot of my keyboard functions stop working. I can Ctril+Alt+Delete but my mouse remains unclickable. Alt+Tab doesn't work, and neither does Alt+F4. I did notice that when I pressed the windows key, the menu at the bottom left would come up, but I still couldn't click on anything. Other shortcuts with the windows key seem to work such as the windows key+R to bring up the run menu, but I can't type anything.

If I do log out though, and log back in (without rebooting), my computer remains in the unclickable state. Although if I do reboot, it works perfectly again (until I run WMP).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

EDIT: My apologizes. After doing further testing, I figured that it was a windows problem :rolleyes: Since I've had it lock up with itunes, and msn live runnning. So I will be making another topic in the right forum this time. Once again, my apologizes.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.