Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts

·
Banned
24,388 Posts
Good gracious, Jackie. I don't what "not too much" means, but $109? I wouldn't recommend any pre-N routers either. The standard hasn't been finalized, and unless you get the matching pre-N adapters, there's absolutely no benefit. There's also no guarantee that the router will actually work with the finalized 802.11n standard.

This is a good one. Very popular.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833124010

·
Banned
27,339 Posts
DoubleHelix said:
Good gracious, Jackie. I don't what "not too much" means, but $109? I wouldn't recommend any pre-N routers either. The standard hasn't been finalized, and unless you get the matching pre-N adapters, there's absolutely no benefit. There's also no guarantee that the router will actually work with the finalized 802.11n standard.

This is a good one. Very popular.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833124010
mine has worked flawlessly but there are some know it alls here who swear by D-Link which I had lots of trouble with.

so who knows.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I have a D-link router (not wireless) that is one of the best i've ever used.
I've also used really crappy d-link products, mostly wireless.
I love the pre-n router. and yes, i have the matching network adapter. Its the best wireless router i've ever used. as for belkin not being good, i have had no problems with mine, and i've had it for about half a year. I can't speak for all their products though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Any Linksys54G is what I would go with I have never had a problem with linksys equipment they are reliable quality routers. As far as for the N standard I would stick to the 802.11g for now the reason i've purchased my N router and WNIC was 1) To help support the research into N and 2)To learn more about that standard. If you are looking for a good, stable and secure router for your home go with a linksys54g router.

·
Registered
302 Posts
For my first wireless venture i blindly choose Zyxel Prestige 600 series because of price (£49) from local vendor. It came with a Wireless PCI Card for my PC so that it could be wireless to. So it also frees up a USB port. It was really easy to set up. I connect my PC and Laptop to it no problem in a one level house. It also has 4 ethernet ports that do my Playstation if needed I have poured concrete internal walls with metal door framings and get a perfect signal from one end of house to the other with both computers running.

www.zyxel.co.uk

There are lots of sales on in January and you could probably pick up something for less than this at the moment. If you are on a tight budget then why not try ebay.

D-Link i will never ever ever look at any of there products again (once bitten twice shy).After spending £70 on a wired 504T router to allow me to play my playstation through.t find out that it was not compatible with my Playstation2. I mean come on. In this day and age.:down:

Anyway how are you getting on with this. Have you bought/saw anything yet?:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
marcan said:
D-Link i will never ever ever look at any of there products again (once bitten twice shy).
I'm not at that point with d-link yet but I would suggest against any d-link products If you want a stable and reliable network go with Linksys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.