Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day guys,
I have a problem with my wireless printer setup.
Wireless router is a Billion BiPAC 7300GRA.
Operating sys is Win xp sp3.
Printer is a Lexmark x9575.
My printer shows as wireless on the DHCP Table of my router.
The DHCP Table shows the correct - Ip address, MAC address and Client Host name. BUT under 'Register Information' it shows EXPIRED.
In the dhcp table of the router my 2 computers show and have 12 hr leases but the printer immediately shows Expired.
I cannot ping the printer IP address.
The printer works fine via USB into either compter and network cable into the router.
The network info print out from the printer shows all the correct details and 'trouble codes - none'.
I have updated and reinstalled, I have spent 1.5hrs on the phone to Lexmark and emailed Billion support.
And still I have a wireless printer that I cannot use Wirelessly.
Any help or ideas appreciated.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Well, you probably won't like my answer, but I had a similar issue with my HP C7280. :) I fooled around with the wireless option, just to see how well it worked, and it sucked! I never did get reliable operation using the wireless. Since I actually intended to use it wired to the network anyway, I bagged that attempt and wired it to the router and never looked back. :D

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
I wonder why the router is keeping information about an "expired" lease?

I have no experience with a wireless printer, but here is what I'd try ...

Disable encryption on the router.

Unplug the router and shut down the printer and all computers.

Make sure the printer's wireless antenna has an unobstructed line of sight path to the router (even if this means moving one of them temporarily).

Plug in the router; plug in or turn on the printer. Boot computer(s) and see if the router and printer agree any better about the lease and if they are now communicating.

If successful re-enable encryption and see if you can reconnect the printer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou both for replying.
I have tried your suggestions Terrynet, by myself and with Lexmark Support to no avail and I have also wondered why the router would keep that info when ever the printer is turned on.
I fear though I may have to go with Jonhwill's plan 'bag the wireless and not look back' as much as I hate defeat.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
I'm supposed to know about this networking stuff, and I admitted defeat, I'm not proud! :D

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
One other shot in the dark; make sure the router is not blocking the printer because it has MAC Address filtering (sometimes called "access list" or similar) enabled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.