Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

Hi ppl,

I have Lenovo laptop with 160GB HDD, 1 GB RAM running on Windows Server 2003 SP1 32 bit (Enterprise edition).

All of a sudden I cannot browse the net either IE or Firefox, although my laptop says i am connected to wireless with Excellent signal strength, but the browser won't display any web pages.
Can anyone help me out. Awaiting for positive reply.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
have you recently changed the configuration of the router, if you did then you will have to change the wireless adapter properties, make sure that the security settings in your router correspond with the security in the wireless adapter for example you need to have the same wep key or wpa key for router and adapter open your router and you will see the wep or wpa key in wireless settings, make a note of it or just copy and paste, to get code into adapter go to control panel,network connection, double click on wireless network connection, then wireless properties, then security, and just paste where it says network security key. Hope that was helpful. p.s if you don't know how to get into your router the address is normally on back of it, if not just let me know what kind of router you have and i will tell you the address to type in.. Regards keith.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Also since this is a laptop, and not a Desktop, it is a very big possiblity that you need to update you NIC drivers as well as the BIOS and Chipset drivers for your notebook. I have had the same problem in the passed, it shows an excellent signal but the internet will not work, Was just a messed up setting in my bios drivers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi. i dont know if this will help but i had a similar problem before with my notebook. it says in the network connection window that im connected, but when i run mozilla, it cant connect to the server. it turned out that i had a problem with my windows sockets. have you tried checking them?if not yet, you can download winsockxpfix for free. www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html
just try to backup your registry before you run the fix. but personally, ive never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
r_a:
Welcome to the Tech Guy Forum.

Start
run
delete contents of long, skinny, white box to the right of "open"
type: cmd
press "enter"
maximize the screen
type: cd\
press "enter"
type: ipconfig /all

RIGHT click the title bar
Left click "edit"
Left click "select all"
Return here.
In a reply, Right click the reply area.
Left click "paste".

While at the command prompt [ you may have to return to it ].
type: ping yahoo.com
Press "enter"

After noting the results, close the command prompt:
type: exit
press "enter"

Report the results.

RF123

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
When did the problem begin?
Can you associate the onset of the problem to the addition or removal of hardware or software, to include an update to Windows or your antivirus program? Have you run a registry cleaner recently? I am NOT suggesting that you run a reg cleaner.

Have you EVER been able to connect, wirelessly using this computer with Server 2003 installed?

When did you install Server 2003?

Are you using an integrated wireless adpater; USB adapter; PCMCIA adapter? Which brand & model?

RF123

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Members,

I have been using server since a 2 months. In the beginning the net connection was superb and i was able to view the web pages. About a month ago i received windows update and then boom the problem. Slowly, the net went down like some images are not showing on web page..looks like taking time to load the pic and then x mark on top left corner. After sometime squares, triangles are appearing in between the words then finally the web page gone...page cannot be displayed something like that.

I even scanned my laptop with norton 360 and checked the registry with registry fix.

I am using netgear WGR614 v7 wireless router with modem Motorola surfboard.

Awaiting for your positive response.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
r_a:
Are you using an integrated wireless adapter; USB adapter; PCMCIA adapter? Which brand & model?

Check your Windows update history & provide a list of the update installed at the time the problem began.

Method 1 or Method 2 at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910339

OR
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

Determine which update caused your problem. Report back.

Backup your system, soon. Uninstalling an update may render your computer UGLY.
I use Acronis True Image and clone my HDDs to identical HDDs.
www.acronis.com

RF123

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.