Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
go to Start > Run > type "cmd" and hit Enter

at the command prompt, type "ipconfig > C:\ipconfig.txt"

Go to your C:\ Drive, and open up the ipconfig.txt file, copy and paste its contents here.

·
Registered
601 Posts
xxunderlordxx said:
My wireless lan has a problem that I cant fix. I can connect to it and all, but I cant Browse the internet.
This is usually due to a typo in the key or a misconfiguration. I'd try disabling encryption so the connection is unprotected and see if it connects. If it does connect then you've probably mis entered the key and you should generate a new one and try the connection with encryption using the new key.

Joe

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
He can connect to it fine, he just doesn't have internet.

go to start, run and type in cmd
type "ping 192.168.1.1" without the quotes
if that works then type in "ping www.google.com"
let me know if you get responses from google.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Jackiefrost9 said:
He can connect to it fine, he just doesn't have internet.

go to start, run and type in cmd
type "ping 192.168.1.1" without the quotes
if that works then type in "ping www.google.com"
let me know if you get responses from google.
The idea that he's connected is unreliable. Wireless connections with misconfigurations or incorrect keys can tell you they're connected when they're not. I've had three of those cases in the last two days.

xxunderlordxx go ahead and try Jackiefrost9's suggestion but if that doesn't work be sure to disable encryption on the router and connect that way.

Joe

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Well, I see that the DNS was able to resolve the Google Address, so you obviously have some connectivity.

I'd be looking at firewalls here, something odd is going on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.