Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do have a HP Pavilion dv9000z,so I need to know whether I can increase the speed of my present wireless internet by using a Linksys Wireless 802.11n Network Adapter.What size should I use since I have Express Card slot(PCMCIA)but no PC slot.

Can I use a USB Network Adapter(Hawking) with antenna and connect a Cantenna to it.Will this boost the speed.

My wireless connection is too slow it's 11Mbps goes down to 1Mbps.Downloading is extremely bad and I need High Speed for gaming too.
So help me

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...e&v1=Entertainment&series_name=dv9000z_series

:cool:

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
From the description of the speeds varying, you have signal interference or simply weak signals, that's one thing I'd be trying to correct. Anything that increases the signal strength and allows you to get faster wireless connections should help. You're right on the edge of dropping out from your description.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JohnWill said:
From the description of the speeds varying, you have signal interference or simply weak signals, that's one thing I'd be trying to correct. Anything that increases the signal strength and allows you to get faster wireless connections should help. You're right on the edge of dropping out from your description.
So far I could browse now the Wireless Connection which I had got disconnected i.e unsecured " linksys".In in option Wireless Network menu the old connection "linksys" is with a red cross.

When I press "View all connections" only one secured (WEP) connection shows up.This connection was there before and the signal is very strong but I cannot connect since it's asking for 'Network Key'.I tried entering several keys from the 'Network Key Generator' but no hope.

Help guys,the Wireless connection I had is also gone.Now I'm with out Wireless Internet.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
It sounds like you may be connecting to the wrong network. What is the SSID for your router? I suggest you change it to a unique name, and also change the encryption key to one you know. Then you can use the same key to connect to your router. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.