Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has recently purchased his first PC which he has positioned in the spare bedroom (upstairs). His only telephone socket being downstairs. He has now realised that he would like to connect to the internet but does`nt yet wish to take the big step and get Broadband.
He has now asked me whether it would be possible to access the internet on a dial up account using a wireless system.
For the life of me I could`nt give him an answer as I have only heard of wireless Broadband systems.
At the moment he is only planning to connect the one PC to the internet and does`nt wish to run a cable around the house to be able to surf the net, nor does he wish to put the PC downstairs.

Anyone know of a way to have a wireless dial up connection ? :confused:

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you look into a Corp called (Always On Wireless) you will find what you are looking for. HOPE THIS HELPS Joe B
Always On Wireless is focused on delivering innovative WiFi solutions that offer a quality wireless experience for dialup and broadband. For more than a decade, AOW's development team has delivered high-volume embedded controller designs and software for a range of telecommunications products and OEMs worldwide. This expertise is being leveraged in the WiFlyer, the world's first portable WiFi base station for both dialup and broadband connections, and its successor products which leverage dialup, cellular and other narrowband communications networks to provide the backbone for WiFi communications.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for that Joe, that looks promising even though we live in the UK. I have looked at the AOW website and I will pass on the info to my friend. I will also recommend to him that he contacts the company. Thanks again, I believe it`s just what he`s looking for. :up: :)

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
602 lan suite can allow the internet enabled PC to share it's internet over a wireless network. It can also be configured to automatically dial a connection and hang up. Up to 5 users can use the software free!
http://www.software602.com/download/

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, hey thanks to you two too, Gotrootdude and Winbob both your ideas look very interesting and I will be passing them on to my friend. He certainly has plenty to chew over now. ;) :up:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.