Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am close to pulling my hair out at the moment...

I recently bought a sony vaio with vista OS, but over the last week I have been unable to connect to wireless internet. Not just at home, but at a friends and even at college I am unable to connect. I am connected it would seem but I get the same 'Cannot communicate with primary dns server' every time when i use the repair facility.

I have been all over the net and have tried disabling the tc/ip scaling thing, clearing the dns cache (I think thats wot i did), reset the winsock things and everything. I am unable to find a solution!

I have also run a virus scan.

The ipconfig is as a picture attached with this

HELP!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
Looks like a good connection to a Belkin router except for the bogus DNS server. Do you have that set in the TCP/IP properties? If so, change it, of course, to 'obtain DNS auto.'

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i restored my laptop to an earlier time and it seems to have sorted the issue...but for how long i dont know

And i checked, the dns thing is definately set to auto atm, could a program have possibly changed this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.