Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
If you could please assist me in this ongoing issue I've had which is causing me so much stress, I would really appreciate it. D-link and HP require big fees for services and I simply can not afford to pay it. I spent $65 on D-link already and all they did was set up the connection, but the speed is impossible to deal with. It's much worse than dial-up and my productivity is being slaughtered.

Two main issues:
A. Wireless Connection is extremely slow
Both in my home (while my brother's wireless is perfectly fine on his laptop) and I run into the same issue at the Hilton Hotel where I am now (please note I'm on travels so D-link router stats etc will be limited since I can't check the machine or my notes). Hilton's tech support checked my IP address and it's supposedly showing a high-speed internet connection on the address.

B. Brand New Battery Failing
I bought a brand new HP battery Sep 21, 2010 from amazon.com (1 "HP EV089AA 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery for HP Pavilion DV6000 DV2000" $78.18 Sold by: Westronics, Inc.<http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller/home.html/ref=ox_oce_seller_home?ie=UTF8&seller=A7I40QJF2AM82> and 1 "Laptop Power AC Adapter / Charger for Hewlett Packard Pavilion DV6000" $13.08). The battery was supposed to be something like 6-8 hours power cord-free power, the thing is so huge is protrudes out of the base of the notebook yet the day I got it, after 20 minutes of power-cord free use, the screen goes black and the only way to get access is to force a shut down and restart from scratch.

Computer Stats:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T1350 @ 1.86GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 464896 MB, Free - 277833 MB; D: Total - 11958 MB, Free - 1243 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 30BB, 66.21, None
Antivirus: Webroot Internet Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Thank you so much in advance for your help and time, I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
3,791 Posts

Your networking problem will be better dealt with when you're sitting near the relevant connection. Posters might need you to poke around in the settings.

The battery I have here on a customer's DV6000 is an HSTNN-LB42 and doesn't protrude out the back at all. I believe you may have the wrong one. You need to replace yours with HP SPARE 441425-001. Check your serial number at HP's website by searching in there for "DV6000 overheating" - you may qualify for an out of Warranty motherboard replacement. It won't cure your problems but it will make that laptop last longer.

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
have a look at the power settings for when using on battery - it may have gone into hibernation

Control Panel >
Power Options >
look at the options there for battery settings

You may also need to calibrate the battery
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00817650&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=1842155

I would also connect diectly to a router with a cable and see if thats slow , if not then
I would update the wireless driver
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...8&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=1842155
although it would be worth updating both adapters

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.