Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i use a thinkpad laptop running xp pro, connects to a netgear wireless router, using wireless encryption, via a linksys pcmcia wireless card. The issue at hand here is that when i bring my laptop back up from hibernation, it can't connect to the router. IP config shows an APIPA adress(169...). If I do a repair in the properties of the connection, it fixes it. also works if I power cycle the router. This is a really annoting thing to deal with. I was wondering if anyone knew if this was an os based issue or could there be a time out setting somewhere is my router?
Netgear wireless router WGR614 v5
Windows XP pro SP2
firewall enabled: settings are not default, although the fire wall when disabled doesn't seem to make a difference with this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thankyou,
DEBUNKCIA

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone knows of a trick or has alittle bit of direction for me so i don't have to repair the connection everytime i boot from hibernation it would really help

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
There is no "trick" AFAIK. When you hibernate, you remove power from the NIC, and lose the connection. Obviously, when XP recovers from hibernate, it doesn't do a full initialization of all the hardware. Have you tried changing the wireless client? If you use the Windows client, try the one from the wireless adapter manufacturer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.