Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll cut to the chase,I accidentally downloaded a really nasty virus,it first came up with a message box saying get off my computer then the computer automatically turned itself off then when i rebooted,it wont let me open any program,go on the Internet ,run anything,or give me access to control panel( I'm accessing my work computer to ask this).it comes up with a message saying i don't have administrators access to do any of those things.I've tried running in safe mode,last known good config and still nothing,i cant get on to system restore so Ive run out of options.I think the only way round this is to wipe everything and start again.I cant get on to my computer to wipe the hard drive so i wonder if there is any other way?

thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
46,552 Posts
Here is one wipe app.
http://www.dban.org/

Note you should not need to wipe the drive. Just boot with your windows install disk and do a clean install. Delete ALL partitions on the disk and create one or more. Now install.

·
Super Moderator
46,552 Posts
One other item. Before doing the install, you might want to download ALL of the drivers you will need and burn them to CD, put on a flash drive, etc. This will make the install go a LOT easier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.