Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WinXP w/sp1 keeps all jobs printed to a HP 4250 LaserJet, on standard TCP/IP port, and when it's turned on in the morning it starts all over again. Every day. PC is in a 2003 domain. Have tried reinstalling the printer, TCP/IP protocol, Windows files (SFC)... Am I missing something? Any ideas?

·
Registered
394 Posts
ok, thought id start with what could of been the simplist answer. Couple other things to try:-

1) Have u tried with the bidirection on or off and the "Print directly to printer" option?
2) Is this running as a shared printer for other users? If so found this "This symptom may occur if the Creator Owner account permissions for the print queue is removed or changed to Print."
3) Have u tried a diffferent/latest version of the driver (Is it a PS or PCL Driver?)

Couple of newsgroup posts showed that option 1 worked with a couple diff laserjet models, work a go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1) tried bidirection and direct print
2) the printer is a network (tcp/ip) printer, has a network card.
given all permissions to everyone in a desperate attempt, but no luck.
3) i've already got a latest driver, PCL.

thinking about format c: ;-) ...

·
Registered
394 Posts
what i meant with in 2) is that is the printer used by multiple people? and if so do they all print directly to it, or is there a shared printer setup on this winxp machine that other users use (like a print server)? I cant quite work out your setup from the info given.

But im out of ideas at the mo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a network printer. Has a LAN card in there, and is connected only to a LAN switch. Figured if it's a printer problem, all of the computers would be having it... The printer has it's network address, not DHCP assigned.

Oh, nevermind. Thought somebody might have heard about the issue, but seems to me this computer is going down! Thanks a bunch for your ideas!!! Much appreciated!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.