Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a spare computer i use for my cottage. when i open a winrar file , and make changes ,and upon exiting , i am used to seeing a popup message asking if i want to update in the archives . i do not get this message , and the files are not saved , meaning i will have to update the same changes again the next time . it has to be a simple setting someplace , but it escapes me . any help would be appreciated . :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is the WinRar version you are using an old version or the most recent version?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the WinRar version you are using an old version or the most recent version?
the problem i am having is that when i update something within the file , i am used to getting the " update the archive etc. " message . nothing is saved . so , the the next time i open the file , i have to update it all over again . it gets time consuming . to me , it seems there is a setting i am missing . any help would be welcome. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
The reason I am asking is, if you were used to using the older version and you have updated it may no longer be a part of the new version or vice versa, I have never heard of this problem before.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have been away . i still have the same problem . i have the same version on both computers. just to be clear , when i open a winrar file , then make changes etc. , what i am used to getting ,when closing the file is being asked [ in a square titled " execute"] is the message " some files extracted from something.zip files were modified or new files were created . do you wish to put them in the archive ? " . choices are yes , no , or cancel . when selecting yes , it updates the files . this message is not coming up on one computer . the same version is on both . of course , the next time i open the compressed file again , i have to update it all over again . i appreciate any help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am not sure why, honestly it sounds as though you might have a corrupted file, or that it became corrput. Have you tried to delete it and uninstall it and do a complete reinstall of the software.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have tried uninstall , and reinstall several times. , and even used another version . there must be a setting , that isn't done right . i am really confused , and frustrated . thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, sorry to hear that Mr.Beer, I am going to try to look deeper into this situtation for you. Please allow me a day or so to try to look this up for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.