Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...I NEED to use a file that is in .rar format. However, I don't want to buy WinRAR as I NEVER use it.

Is there an alternative program that can be used to view these files??

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
if u just need to deal with a few .rar files, winrar is free for the first 30 or so days.
id be very interested if u can find an alternate program which deals with .rar, but i never have, i came to the conclusion that .rar is specific to that program and not a generic file compression format such as .zip, anyhow

Late,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I figured. Problem is, I have had nero on my pc for around 6 or 7 months and never deleted it. I am sure it leaves something somewhere so that if I reinstall it, it will tell me I need to purchase it again, right?

I need to use this .rar file as I need it to make an .iso of a program that will clone my harddrive to my new one, as my main harddrive is failing, its an emergency! ahhhhh i hate programs like that...grrrrrr :mad:

·
Registered
637 Posts
I've been using the 30 day winRar for over a year, the window pops up saying the time has expired , I click on close and it still works.

PP

·
Registered
688 Posts
Johnwill, I tried IZarc, based on your recommendation. How do you delete the list of items that you have unzipped? You find such a list when you click on File--down at the bottom.
Probaby a simple answer, but I couldn't figure it out. :)

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
I don't honestly know, I never worried about it. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.