Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have gateway 9310xl.....has never been connected to the internet.....1 1/2 yr old.....when I turn computer on it stops booting when it should start booting Windows XP
the screen goes black at that point......nothing else happens.....I have no idea what is wrong or how to fix it.....any help will be welcomed....thank you

· Super Moderator
65,992 Posts
First Name -
Wayne
can you get into bios or start in safe mode

as it boots hit F8 and see of you get a menu

as you boot do you get an option to go into setup or bios - maybe using F2 or Del key

· Registered
22,504 Posts
lavanderlady said:
have gateway 9310xl.....has never been connected to the internet.....1 1/2 yr old.....when I turn computer on it stops booting when it should start booting Windows XP
the screen goes black at that point......nothing else happens.....I have no idea what is wrong or how to fix it.....any help will be welcomed....thank you
Could be a lot of things from dying hard drive to blown video...I just had a Gateway 2 years old that started this way with a blown video card and ended up with a blown motherboard 2 weeks after Gateway had it back for repair.
You need to start reseating cables plugs and pci cards...perhaps blow dust out inside the tower with a "can of air" and see what that does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.