Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching the forums and the internet for a reliable answer and figured I'd come here.

So, heres the question:
Is the installation of Windows XP Service Pack 3 recommended? I have found mixed opinions and you guys have never steered me in the wrong direction.

·
Trusted Advisor
17,572 Posts
It is NOT released to the public yet other than a early Beta. You will have to remove it before you can install the released version when it comes out.

If you are NOT in know about Beta testing and have not protected your system 100%, I would not install any beta version.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
On the basis of what I've read so far, there doesn't seem to be any reason to install SP3, but things may change when full details of the final version are available.

For example, I use the Custom option for Updates because I don't want/need .NET framework, Malicious Software Removal Tool or many of the other things 'on offer'. The MS 'Overview' document suggests that SP3 will include 'all' the previously released updates, not just Critical ones, and I already have all those.

Here's the place where you can find the link to d/l the pdf version of the Overview; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...AD-BC34-40BE-8D85-6BB4F56F5110&displaylang=en

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.