1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You might wanna check this out...

http://www.langa.com/newsletters/2001/2001-10-29.htm

Here's one paragraph from the review:

For example, according to XP's own "system analyzer," to get XP to run on my main PC--- the less-than-a-year-old 1.2GHz Athlon--- I'd have to replace or upgrade my printer, my scanner, my digital camera (although XP is supposed to work with most cameras), my sound card, my third-party disk-maintenance utilities, my anti-virus tools, my CDR-burning tools (although XP provides basic CDR capability in the OS), and my folder-encryption tool. No, there's no problem with the core PC itself, but I'm looking at minimally a ton of hassle, and possibly major hassle and nontrivial expense to convert my system--- which works perfectly fine under Windows98SE--- to XP.

·
A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten
17,204 Posts
I voted for stability, and that is what I got. At least so far. Just Upgraded to WinXP HE on Wednesday. No crashes, freezes, bsd's, or fatal errorrs.

So far, as an OS it seems friendly, and helpful to me. Although there were initially a few problems, they were easily resolved. I used the online help feature (chat W/MS) and enjoyed it.

Updating is smooth, rapid, and essentially effortless if you allow for automatic update.

Although I had a few things that might not have played well with the upgrade, either they did, or the system downloaded what I required to make things work. I find this both software friendly, and useful, in that it allows for an essentially smooth flow of use. That certainly has NOT been the case with previous upgrades.

There are other features I like as well, and a few I'm not sure about. But basically, I feel I made a GOOD buying decision here.

Would I do it again..............Yes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.