Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When starting win. xp home I get a normal start up sequence until I get to the windows logo page and then the system searches sometimes for 5 minutes or longer before psoceeding. Often I reboot which seems to expidite the process. But would like to repair the process to function correctly. Would appreciate any help :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
This may be because the files needed for loading of the OS are fragmented which is why its taking time for it load, try defragmenting your drive or analyze the levels and see if this cud be the problem.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Yes, most definetly. Use diskeeper or O&O. they work great and will really fix that boot time. :)
-blitze

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blitze105 said:
Yes, most definetly. Use diskeeper or O&O. they work great and will really fix that boot time. :)
-blitze
I use diskeeper and schedule auto defragging daily. I'm not sure but I think the problem is in the bootup files.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Sometimes XP just takes a while... hmm this happens to me only when i don't shut down properly, but you are.. maybe some one else can help then. O&O can defrag before you boot up and organize system files that other wise are not allowed to be touched, maybe thatd fix something?
-blitze

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
You click on the Drive you want to defrag in the upper pane, then on the left select "Change your settings."

The 6th option down is "Set a boot-time defragmentaion."

I believe that you need to run a regular defrag on the disk in question at least once before it will allow you to boot-defrag :up:

PS - I've used both O&O and Diskeeper; the latter won me over.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Yeah, no problem.. The damn thing took like 5 hours to run on my system though the first time that I did it, so don't start it up if you've got any important work pending ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.