Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am sorry posting another thread of this, but I couldn't find the problem. Well anyways here's my quick story. Pretty much I am able to restart my computer without problems, but when I shut down my computer and turn it on this problem occurs. I just get a black screen *or the windows loading screen sometimes* then it just goes completely black and I can hear the "load up" sound and everything and sometimes a moveable mouse but it's all black. To fix it usually I have to shut down restart about 10-15 times and maybe it works. So yeah I can use my computer to check things if needed.

I know it's a hardware problem, I just want to get a opinion on what problem it can most likely be. Well thanks for reading I hope to get this fix asap. :)

Windows Xp Service Pack 2.
1022 MB Ram
Ati Radeon x700 Pro Series Pci Express *getting it upgraded soon*

·
Registered
22,466 Posts
Try pulling back where you unplug all usb devices, all drives except for 1 hard drive, take out all but 1 ram stick and remove all pci cards and see if you can boot. If so, then start adding back until; you find the culprit.
The other thing to do would be to go to "Run, msconfig,OK, Startup and uncheck everything and hit apply and reboot. The only thing you need in there is antivirus running in the background incidentally.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.