Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay..... I got an AMD Sempron 2600 and a k7Triton Motherboard for Christmas and put them in my computer. After that my computer barely ever would boot up. If it didnt boot up my loading bar on the windows XP screen would freeze (the blue one) although it didnt freeze it actually would move very very slowly but windows would never load. If windows did boot from me choosing last knwn config(only one I tried) then it would boot flawlessly. But know the real problem.... I came home from school and had not turned my comp off in 2 days (hibernating) and my computer seemed to be slow i pressed ctrl+alt+del and my CPU Usage said 100%! even tho I was barely runing anything so i turned off my computer(not hibernate) and when i turned it back on it was back to its same old self but now when it does boot normally it doesnt do it it goes into that screen where you choose a profile to log in to and the icons dont appear it is just that blueish color and my mouse has the timer thing on and I can move my mouse but nothing I press does anything plz help complex situation

·
Registered
94 Posts
Unblessed said:
okay..... I got an AMD Sempron 2600 and a k7Triton Motherboard for Christmas and put them in my computer. After that my computer barely ever would boot up. If it didnt boot up my loading bar on the windows XP screen would freeze (the blue one) although it didnt freeze it actually would move very very slowly but windows would never load. If windows did boot from me choosing last knwn config(only one I tried) then it would boot flawlessly. But know the real problem.... I came home from school and had not turned my comp off in 2 days (hibernating) and my computer seemed to be slow i pressed ctrl+alt+del and my CPU Usage said 100%! even tho I was barely runing anything so i turned off my computer(not hibernate) and when i turned it back on it was back to its same old self but now when it does boot normally it doesnt do it it goes into that screen where you choose a profile to log in to and the icons dont appear it is just that blueish color and my mouse has the timer thing on and I can move my mouse but nothing I press does anything plz help complex situation
ok, did you install teh drivers for you processor, when you did this are you running SP1 or SP2, my recommendation is to reinstall windows XP, its trying to use incoorect drivers.

·
Registered
263 Posts
the problem is the new motherboard , the hard drive has the drivers of the old motherboard , so when its trying to boot is resulting in a conflict , usually is recommended that when you upgrade your motherboard that you make a fresh installation on the hard drive .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.