Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Doug im new to this site but enough about me on to the problem.

Ok i have a P4 with Windows XP SP3.
so the other night i was worried that i got hit by a virus so i decided to install Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. So i installed it onto my computer and noticed that some of the features could not enable. So i decided to restart my computer.

When my computer got to the Windows XP loading part, i got a blue screen. The blue screen said something about a registry file being corrupt or absent. So my computer has a recovery tool that is built into it so i restarted went into the recovery console logged into the C:/ drive and typed chkdsk and it printed out some info. I restarted again and the computer opened the logon screen but when i clicked the Username to put in my password it gave me three errors about a profile not being able to load, then something about duplicating something (was to mad to read the error and should have really read them).

So i finally was able to click the User and log in with my password... the only thing is that the desktop was set to factory default and i was missing a bunch of desktop files and shortcuts. I found out the it was duplicating the user account (I.E. my user name was Owner, and my workgroup was called HOME. so when i logged it it made one called OWNER.HOME under documents and settings folder) so i figured it might be the Kaspersky so i uninstalled it, log in to admin under safe mode and deleted the duplicate and restarted but i keeps duplicating the User Account. Now im stuck on what to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i've tried a couple of different things and it still is copying my user account. If someone with info on this please respond or at least let me know where i should go to ask for help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.