Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse me, the problem i having now is.....

When i was surfing internet, suddenly my mouse was stop responding and i restarted my computer. In the next time,
the windows ME couldn't detect my mouse anymore.....even they is no mouse icon was shown in the system properthy.
As i know the mouse i am using is an unbranded mouse..
Anybody know why??

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Try starting Windows ME in SafeMode and see if you are then able to see and use the mouse.

To start in SafeMode, do this,

Restart the PC and press and hold down the CTRL key while the PC is starting up. You should get a Startup Menu with 3 options. Choose the Safe Mode option.

Once in SafeMode click on

Start>Settings>ControlPanel>System>DeviceManager.

Now click on the "+" next to "Mouse". Now hopefully you should see your Mouse appear underneath. Now right click on the Mouse if it does appear underneath and select Remove.

Now restart Windows into Normal mode,

Start>Shutdown>Restart. It should reinstall the mouse.

Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done the way u teach me, but the mouse also has no respond in safe mode and i can see the icon of mouse in system property and i removed it already..
After restarted again, it just like the same....is not work!!

Is that a driver problem? or missing some files in my com..?

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I see you have two other post on this mouse problem. What, if anything, was done to PC to get it to this point where the mouse doesn't work at all? Did you try to install a new driver, edit any system files, etc .... Any background would help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.