Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I bought my new HD for this computer, I decided to keep my "little" 10gig HD as is with all my windows info left on it, and not reformat it. I'm running on it now. the new one won't load windows (after a some kind of weird WMP update because WMP wouldn't play a file and it said it needed an update. at 1st it said-- OS not found, and wouldn't even load in the safe mode. after about 4 attempts to restart, windows asked me for the product key, which I thought was odd. I inserted the product key and now it trys to boot but says, "Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module explorer.exe at 017f:00401f31.registers EAX=00000001 ss=0187 esp=0080 eec EBP=0080FEF4 (next line) ECX=de199a00 DS0187 ESI 00000000 FS=2607 EDX=0080FEFC ES=0187 EDI00000000 GS=0000Bytesat CS:EIP8b 0850ff118b08ff 51 08hb 45 ..................................................................................I've now got the new HD set in as the secondary. I can explore it through both windows explorer and my computer. I have backed up all of the C drive to both my external HD and to a DVD-r (there was only about 4 gig on it), plus anything needed off the 3 other partitions so I've got all the downloaded program files, bookmarks, my docs,drivers, settings etc backed up on an external source......................................................................... is there anything I can look for in windows on the HD that won't boot to try and solve the windows loading problem ?(or can I provide some more info for the experts to help with this???) , or should I just reformat the drive and reinstall windows, reinstall the programs, (grrrrr) and put my old HD back in storage? thx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.